Exceptionally durable and comfortable flame resistant fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin more effectively than other flame resistant fabrics.
- Extra Long Double ply hood throughout
- Made of COMFORT PLUS™ Nomex® (Meta-Aramid)/Lenzing FR®
- Double-ply hood with Comfort Plus liner for cooler, drier wear
- Extra-long length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Flat stitched seams and cover stitched bound drape
- Extra-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
Comfort Plus is made of two proven flame resistant fiber work horses- Nomex® and Lenzing FR™. Together they create an exceptionally durable and comfortable flame resistant fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin more effectively than other flame resistant fabrics.
The end result is an FR hood that feels cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments. In addition to improved comfort, Comfort Plus hoods offer 18% better thermal resistance than their 100% Nomex counter- part with a TPP of 33.6 vs. 28.5 for 100% Nomex after five washings.
Fabric Properties Include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Excellent thermal resistance – 33.6 TPP rating after five washings
- Excellent comfort. Lightweight and soft, no itch or irritation
- Excellent moisture management – wicks moisture away from skin keeping you drier and more comfortable
- Keeps you cooler in hot environments and warmer in cold environments
- Low initial cost
- Long wear life
- Off-white color
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 8.8 HRC 2 (On double ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV): 8.8
- Thermal Protection Performance (TPP):
- Initial (seconds)33.6
- After 5 washings (seconds)33.9
- *TPP at heat flux of 2.0 cal/cm 2 sec
- After Flame:
- Initial (Inches): 0 x 0
- Warp(wales) x Fill (Courses)
- After 5 washings (seconds): 0 x 0
- Char Length
- Initial (inches)1.6 x 1.8
- After 5 washings (inches)1.7 x 1.8
- Fabric Burst Strength (N): 395.2
- Seam Burst Strength (N): 727.6
- Heat and Thermal Shrinkage After 5 washings: 0.30%
- Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI): 29
- Melt or Drip when exposed to flame: No
"Does it protect against smoke inhalation?"
this is a hood for your head, not a face mask
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !