The latest version of the US Army’s M68 CCO (Close-Combat Optic), the Comp M4 is the finest sight that Aimpoint has ever produced.
Aimpoint's Comp M4 Optic is a highly efficient Red Dot sight that can provide up to 8 years of continuous use from a single AA battery. The Comp M4 incorporates an integral mount that eliminates the need for a separate ring, and can be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit a variety of weapon systems. The CompM4 can also be used by hunters and sport shooters who need night vision compatibility. The performance of the CompM4 is optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is especially suited for 3rd generation night vision technology. Aimpoint’s unique band-pass coating on the front lens reflects select frequencies of red light at near 100% efficiency. It delivers the highest possible dot brightness with the smallest amount of energy while transmitting nearly 100% of light in the Infrared and near-infrared part of the spectrum. The result is the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation NVD. With seven NVD-compatible brightness settings and nine daylight settings, including one extra-bright setting, the CompM4 is ready for use around the clock whenever and wherever it’s needed.
Comp M4 Features
- Compatible with every generation of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Super ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery
- 7 night vision compatible settings and 9 daylight settings
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of the original QRP; and the mounting knob is wider and shorter to improve operation and lessen the chance of it becoming snagged on other gear
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring is required
- Mount base is “keyed” into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint 3XMag, (magnifier module)
- Unequaled light transmission
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters)
- Vertical spacer included
- Standardized as the US Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove, and are protected against impact
- Can be used with a carry handle adaptor for use on all M16 rifles
Why an Aimpoint Red Dot Sight?
In basic terms, Aimpoint’s breakthrough technology allows a shooter to do what comes naturally—keep both eyes open while focusing on the target. When a shooter looks through an Aimpoint sight, a red dot appears in the lens. Thanks to the unique parallax-free design, the shooter can quickly superimpose the red dot on the target from any angle of view. The dot remains parallel to the bore of the weapon, no matter what. You never have to center the dot inside the sight. And eye-relief simply isn’t a factor.
|System||Passive Red Dot Collimator Reflex Sight|
|Magnification||No magnification (1X)|
|Eye relief||Unlimited, no centering required|
|Reticle, size||2 MOA|
|Optical coating||Anti Reflex coating all surfaces. Multi-layer coating for reflection of red light. Band Pass coating for NVD compatibility|
|Battery Life, typical||80,000 hours for good quality battery|
|Switch, dot brightness||16 positions, 7 NVD, 9 daylight, of which 1 Extra Bright|
|Material housing||Extruded high strength aluminum|
|Surface finish||Hard anodized, matte, black|
|Material lens covers||Rubber, black matte|
|Adjustment: 1 click=||16 mm at 100 meters|
|Mounting||Keyed surface Patent pending mount keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil|
|Length||120 mm (4.7")|
|Width/height||53x60 mm (2.1"x2.4") sight only - 72x72 mm (2.8"x2.8") including mount|
|Weight||265 g (9.3 oz) sight only - 335 g (11.8 oz) with integrated mount|
|Temperature Range||-45°C to +71°C (-50°F to +160°F)|
|Water resistance||45 m (150ft)|
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !