This 5 gallon poly pump is a full service unit designed to help reduce operator fatigue…a workhorse for any department.
The molded base and handle keep the unit comfortable and balanced, plus the removable padded shoulder straps are fully adjustable and includes a sliding clip that allows pump to be secured. Lumbar support and waist belt added for comfort and stability so you can concentrate on putting fires out, not feeling pain from heavy gear.
The pump is fabricated from 2 seamless brass cylinders and the combination nozzle allows operator to change from straight stream to cone spray without any special tools. Available in 5 gallon (9 lb. empty). All Smith Indian fire pump tanks are proudly MADE in the USA. and approved for the US Forestry Service.
- UV resistant lightweight polyethylene tank will not dent and is completely corrosion resistant
- Designed to help reduce operator fatigue and hold up in the harshest environments
- Dual nozzle allows easy change from straight stream to cone spray without any special tools
- Molded base and handle keep unit comfortable and balanced
- Lumbar support and waist belt added for comfort and stability
- Available in 5 gallon (9 lb. empty) with brass pump
- MADE in the USA
- Dimensions: 19.25"w x 9.25"d x 23"h
- Weight: 9 lbs (empty)
- Pump is fabricated from 2 seamless brass cylinders
- Pump can be serviced by hand for complete in-field maintenance
- 52" oil resistant hose for greater pump mobility
- Large 4" filler opening with drop in filter screen allows for easy filling and cleaning
- Removable padded shoulder straps are fully adjustable and includes a sliding clip that allows pump to be secured
Ratings & Reviews
Easy to use, even for our smaller Firefighters.
"Hi... could I use this to clean a small balcony? I just need something (not a hose pipe) which can spray water and wash off the tiles. Let me know... Simon"
Hi, we are going to give 2 different options that are a lot less expensive than the Indian Pump tank that's well over a hundred dollars, also were not sure what you mean by a ""hose pipe"". How about a garden hose or a tree sprayer both can be picked up at the local Home Depot or Lowe's. Having said all of that yes you can use this for cleaning your small balcony or deck, expect it to give you a work out, it's a lot of pumping,
"How do you start to use the pump?"
Sandy, have you ever seen one of these? first thing you need to do is fill the back tank, take the hand pump, into your left hand (right hand if your a righty) and you move the slide part in and out, you should then get a stream of water out the nozzle.
"Is there any substantial difference between the polyethylene tank model and the galvanized steel tank model other than the material the tank is made of?"
Other than the construction material on the Indian tanks there are a few differences. Mainly the difference can be seen in the weight with the metal being a little more than the polyethylene (by either 1 -2 lbs). Also the polyethylene has a different design when it comes to the base of the tank to make it more comfortable to wear. Both tanks hold the same amount of water and function in the same capacity.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !