The M512 is fast becoming the most popular model HWS (Holographic Weapon Sight). This tactical optic is perfect for agencies that want the best in CQB (Close Quarter Battle) speed and versatility, without the need for NV (Night Vision) compatibility.
The HWS is the 1st electro-optic sighting system to apply holographic technology to small and medium sized weapon platforms. When used in CQB environments, this revolutionary weapon optic delivers amazing speed and accuracy gain, un-compromising use of peripheral vision, leaves no muzzle side operator signature and is packaged in a compact, durable unit.
The M512's 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable) have a life of up to 600 hours of continuous usage and up to 1,000 hours of continuous usage with the supported lithium batteries(at nominal level 12 brightness setting). The auto battery check indicator will show the reticle flashing upon start-up. The HWS is equipped with an auto shutdown feature that is enabled at 8 hours but can be programmed to shutdown after 4 hours. The HWS was designed with an integral mounting platform to interface directly to any standard weaver dovetail (or Picatinny – Mil spec 1913) mounting rail.
- Night Vision Compatible: No
- Waterproof & Submersible: 10ft depth
- Battery: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline or rechargeable)
- Battery Life (setting 12): 1,000 hours continuous (lithium) at nominal setting 12; 600 hours continuous with AA Alkaline
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start up
- Brightness Settings: 30 Settings with scrolling feature
- Weight: 11.5 oz.
- Dimensions: 5"L x 1.8"W x 2.25"H
- Reticle: A65 MOA ring w/ 1 MOA dot
- Sealing: Fog proof internal optics
- Magnification: 1X Unlimited eye relief
- Optics: Transmission holography - 100% parallax free
- Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
- Temperature: -40F to 140F
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting
- Mount: Picatinny (Mil-Std-1913) Rail
- Adjustable Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2" at 100 yds)
Firefights in close quarter environments are won by fast, accurate target acquisition. Locking onto the target fast means you win. The alternative is not an option. When the situation is critical, so is the performance of your equipment. Fast, accurate target acquisition can make the difference. This is exactly what separates the HWS form many other sighting system: the uncompromising combination of speed and accuracy.
The HWS delivers critical speed gains for the initial weapon presentation, in multiple target situations, and in conditions where either the operator or the threat(s) are moving rapidly. Engaging around physical barriers or in awkward shooting positions are now made with ease while ensuring rapid reticle to target lock-on.