This is a 2 stage trigger, please see below for trigger pull weights:
Performance Advantages for the Shooter
• The Geissele SSA has a pull weight of about 4.5lb. 2.5 lbs on the first stage and 2lb on the second stage. The pull weights and sear engagement are non adjustable by the shooter.
• Trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel
• Sear surfaces are cut by a wire edm machine. Sears cut this way are very accurate and the non-directional surface finish of the wire edm gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
• The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear surfaces is low and the force linearly increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and aids in building shooter confidence in his weapons ability to put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
• The Geissele SSA trigger allows the shooter to slap through the trigger pull on close in shots but also set up a long range shot with a crisp trigger break.
• A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammo. There is no lightened hammer spring used.
• The hammer is lighter than a standard AR15 hammer. The lightened hammer favorably decreases locktime and increases accuracy of the weapon, especially for snap shots.
Answered on 12/26/2013 by Anonymous