The ultimate lightweight carrying knife, Benchmade's 531 Pardue Axis Knife features a durable stainless steel blade and an easy-to-use AXIS® locking mechanism.
Benchmade's 531 Pardue Axis Knife features a 154CM stainless steel drop-point blade, which offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
The drop-point blade comes with either a satin finish, which creates a low-luster sheen to the steel surface, or a black corrosion-resistant coating, which exceeds the ASTM-117 spec for saltwater while possessing higher scratch resistance.
The black and gray herringbone pattern G10 handle is impervious to moisture and physically stable under climate change, allowing you to keep a solid grip on the knife during use.
The patented, exclusive, 100% ambidextrous AXIS® locking mechanism gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spans the liners, and is positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang. As a result, the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS® bar itself.
From law enforcement and public safety to elite military troops, Benchmade's obligation is still the same: the best tools for the job. Imagine what the Benchmade 531 Pardue Axis Knife can do in your world.
- 154CM stainless steel blade (58-61HRC) offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality
- Modified drop-point blade with ambidextrous dual thumb-stud opener
- BK coating provides excellent corrosion protection that exceeds the ASTM-117 spec for saltwater
- Satin finish creates a low-luster sheen to the blade's steel surface.
- Black and gray herringbone pattern G10 handle is impervious to moisture and physically stable under climate change
- AXIS® locking mechanism allows for rapid blade opening and locking into place
- Reversible tip-up pocket clip makes it easy to carry the knife on your belt or in your pocket and deploy it whenever you need it
- 531: Plain edge/Satin finish
- 531S: ComboEdge® (partially serrated)/SAtin finish
- 531BK: Plain edge black corrosion resistant coated blade
- 531SBK: ComboEdge® (partially serrated)/ black corrosion resistant coated blade coated blade
154CM: An American made premium grade stainless steel originally developed for tough industrial applications. Known for its best all-around qualities, it offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
Drop-Point: A slow convex-curved drop in the point characterizes a drop-point blade. This blade format lowers the point for control but adds strength to the tip. It is a very popular blade shape that ranges from a slight drop to a radical downward curve providing endless styles. In fixed blades this blades shape easily sheaths. Usually coupled with plenty of belly for slicing, this format is often used for hunting knives. Drop points are a great all-around blade format.
G10 Handle: An extremely durable makeup of layers of fiberglass soaked in resin, then highly compressed and baked. Impervious to moisture or liquid and physically stable under climate change. Most commonly black, but is available in various colors, too.
- Blade Length: 3.25"
- Blade Thickness: 0.090"
- Blade Material: 154CM Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
- Blade Style: Modified Drop-Point w/ambidextrous thumb-studs
- Weight: 2.10 oz
- Pocket Clip: Black, Reversible, Tip-up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 7.42"
- Closed Length: 4.17"
- Sheath Material: Sold Separately